Bloodchild

1. This text was nothing short of confusing for me. I felt like I opened a book and started reading in the middle of it, with a lot of background information missing. It took a good while into the reading to figure out a base idea of what was happening, but I was still very confused, with different names and words being said that are given no explanation but written as though I should already know them. Some of the concepts seemed very weird and out of nowhere to me, especially the ending where the alien lays an egg in the main character.

2. I don't think I was able to make any connections with this story, it was too confusing for me to get a grasp on the characters and who they were and their relationships to one another. There is a small sense of responsibility and need between the narrator and the alien, the narrator is referred to as the aliens property, and it's somewhat reveled that the aliens need humans in order to reproduce, and that without an alien companion, the human will die if the young are not removed from them. It kind of gives a sense of interdependency in a relationship without equal treatment.

3. I would make it seem more clear, with more information given to the audience as to the state of the world, more background information so that they can understand the dialogue and events as they are presented. A visual medium would also help to give more context to the story, considering it's so dialogue heavy in just text form, making it a bit harder for the reader to keep track of the characters and setting around them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitchhikers Guide

The Aquatic Uncle

American Gods